Friday, February 5, 2010

A Little Bit of Finality

The move six months in the making is finally complete! The husband and dog have joined me here in the Chicago area, leaving behind our (strangely snowy) life in Richmond.

With all of our belongings in place (and help with heavy lifting), I feel like we can now focus on settling into our home here. I'm not entirely sure we're going to stay in the current residence for too much longer, but moving the boxes into the garage would be a step in the right direction.

My main priority is to set up my sewing area, so I can renew my focus on the etsy shop. The townhouse we're in now doesn't have a space that lends itself as easily to a crafting area as our former condo, so I'm trying to work out the logistics. I could use the second bedroom, but it'll be upstairs and I think I'll be less likely to want to spend time in it. I could use the dining area downstairs, but then we won't have a dining area (we eat on the sofa for the most part anyway) and I worry that it will constantly feel cluttered. If we move at the end of our lease, we'll only have to live with the solution for 5 months in any case.

Eh, we'll see.

Not much craftiness to report. I crocheted a scarflet last night, which was enjoyable. Pictures to come.

I came across this fabric that I find inspiring. I'd like to translate it into a Mel P-ish quilt-like purse.

 
 Until next time, party people! Mel P out!

No comments:

Post a Comment