Thursday, July 1, 2010

Dresser

I'm not sure I've mentioned it here, but I've been on the hunt for a dresser. When we move to the new townhouse (in 2 weeks!), I'll be executing a new bedroom design plan.

It all started when those wacky kids at Young House Love posted about In Mod's tool for designing your own pillow. While playing with the tool, I landed on this design and inspiration struck!


I'll get into more bedroom design details as they happen, but I will mention that I really want a red dresser for the room. So, the hunt for a cheap, old dresser to refinish began. I've been scouring Craigslist for a few weeks for something with an interesting shape that was in my budget. I decided early on that I didn't want to pay more than $50. Last night, we found a winner!


This is the pic from Craigslist, but I'll get some better ones later (it's currently still in my friends' truck). At $60, I went a little over budget, but I feel good about it. It has a matching mirror and I heart the spindly legs on casters!

I probably won't have time to work on it until after the move since I haven't packed the first thing yet (guess what I'll be doing with my long weekend). But I can't wait for her fantastic red makeover!

No comments:

Post a Comment