Sunday, July 26, 2009

Random Thoughts on Packing

I have a love/hate relationship with packing. Organizing things and making them fit into boxes appeals to my nature. It's a lot like a big puzzle. It's even what I do for a living, essentially. Arranging things in a fashion that makes the best use of the space.

So what do I hate about it?

1- It's manual labor. I don't particularly care being hot and/or sweaty.

2- I get obsessed with packing "correctly." I will re-open boxes to make sure that things are packed with their like items. This leads to some irritation when I discover a rogue mixing bowl that should have been packed with the other mixing bowls. However, this does making unpacking extremely easy.

Packing tip! Stealing a technique from a friend, I've been using plastic wrap for packing breakables. It cushions and it keeps things from moving inside the box!

Here's a picture of Zeena "helping."


Thus concludes the most uninteresting post evar!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment